Dubai, located in the United Arab Emirates is a luxurious cosmopolitan city! So if you have always wanted to visit the Middle East, Dubai is a good point to begin at. From the Burj Khalifa to the Burj Al Arab here are Dubai’s must see attractions in order for you to start your ultimate Arabian adventure.
The Burj Khalifa
No visit to Dubai is complete without making a visit to the top of the tallest building in the world. Measuring at 829.8 metres it is quite the marvel to be seen. You must visit the outdoor observation deck located on the 124th floor where you will witness amazing panoramic views across Dubai. Don’t forget your camera! If heights are not really your thing there is a great alternative you can visit within the Burj Khalifa. Located on the 122nd floor is At.mosphere Lounge. Serving High Tea (literally) and drinks daily this space allows you to still enjoy sweeping views across Dubai during the day and night without having to look over the edge. Remember to make a reservation though an a minimum spend does apply.
The Dubai Mall
After visiting the tallest building it’s time to visit the largest mall in the world. Conveniently located right next door to the Burj Khalifa, you can spend days wandering around the 1200 shops and 150 restaurants. If shopping isn’t your thing don’t worry there is a lot more to do. I would recommend visiting:
- The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo where you can spend the day discovering new aquatic species including the King Croc measuring at over 5 metres and 750kg. If you’re a little bit more adventurous try your hand at cage snorkelling with sharks and other marine wildlife.
- The Dubai Dancing Fountains are located on the 24 acre Burj Lake. The water jets shoot up to 140 metres during the performance and each show throughout the night performs to a different theme. Be sure to arrive early to secure yourself the best spot as it gets quite crowded during show time.
- The Waterfall must be seen to be believed! It spans the height of the entire 4 levels of the Mall. It’s surrounded by plenty of restaurants so you can relax and listen to the calming sound of the water cascading down.
- Take a ride on the Xline Zip line for all you thrill seekers out there where you can take in incredible views of Downtown Dubai during your incredible 558 metre ride.
- The Downtown Slide is a brand new 19 metre long metal tube slide that has just opened outside the Dubai Mall. The best bit – it’s completely free. Rekindle your childhood for the day and try it out.
Burj Al Arab
Visit the most luxurious hotel in the world – the magnificent Burj Al Arab, a symbol of modern Dubai. Built on a man made island it stands proudly on the beach front designed to look like the sail of a ship. If you would like to spoil yourself visit their renown restaurant Al Mahara (where I was lucky enough to spend my Birthday this year!) Located underneath the hotel it features floor to ceiling aquariums for you to enjoy a memorable fine dining experience at the best seafood restaurant Dubai has to offer. A new outdoor terrace connected to the hotel has just been opened that extends out onto the Arabian Gulf featuring a restaurant, bar, two pool areas and 32 cabanas. So head down and enjoy Dubai’s newest Beach Resort.
Discover Dubai’s Old Town, this is where it all began on the banks of the Creek when Dubai relied on trading and fishing. Here you can take a traditional Abra boat ride across the bustling Creek for only 1AED which is great value for money. Explore the charming souks and immerse yourself in the culture of years gone by. Try your hand at bargaining with the merchants at the Gold Souk and smell the aroma of all the spices available at the Spice Souk.
You have now experienced old Dubai now it’s time to enter modern Dubai. Visit the world’s largest man-made marina and discover a land of skyscrapers including the Cayan Tower which is the worlds tallest skyscraper featuring a twist of 90 degrees. Your tour should definitely include a stop at the Marina Walk, especially a cruise down the marina itself. The photo opportunities are endless here where you can stroll along the promenade or grab a bite at one of the many restaurants. The Marina is truly beautiful at night when all of the building lights switch on and start to reflect the sea.
You just cannot leave Dubai without having the chance to discover the beauty of the desert. Book yourself in for an overnight desert safari, you can go alone or bring along a group of friends – the more the merrier! Experience a thrilling 4×4 dune bash ride, explore the pristine dunes of the Dubai Desert while riding a camel and have a go at quad biking or sand boarding which is perfect for the desert terrain. Stay overnight in a Bedouin style camp while enjoying a Middle Eastern feast and wake up to a magical sunrise from your tent. It really is the perfect getaway to enjoy a night underneath the stars and to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Stay tuned later this month for a complete blog post on my desert safari adventure!