Have you ever wondered how flight attendants still look so glamorous even after a long haul flight? Make up is definitely a contributing factor and a must in this field of work especially for those 230am departures. So here are my top beauty essentials for work that I just cannot live without.
The number one question I am repeatedly asked onboard and whenever I post a picture in uniform on Instagram is “which lipstick are you wearing?” Finally I can reveal my two favourite products:
- Lipstick Queen Liquid Lipstick in Vesuvius red – I love the rich pigment in this liquid lipstick and it compliments the red shade in our uniform so well. One problem I usually encounter with liquid lipsticks is the bleeding and feathering around the lipline however I’ve never had this issue with Lipstick Queen. The best thing about it though is how long lasting it is. I hardly ever replenish, even during long hauls!
- Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope Lipstick in Brat Pack red – this is my matte holy grail lipstick. I’ve found in the past matte lipsticks really tend to dry out my lips over the course of the flight, not with this one though as they have added both apricot oil and Vitamin E to ensure lips remain moisturised. The packaging is to die for as well, bringing back the days of old Hollywood glamour!
Our lipstick should match the shade of our hat so I like to go ahead and match my nails as well. I adore Olivia Palermo and love her effortlessly chic style so when I found out that Ciate London were collaborating with her I couldn’t wait to get my hands on her limited edition collection.
- Ciate London x Olivia Palermo in Hutch – My go to red shade, not only does it match the red in our uniform but once work is over it also matches every outfit in my wardrobe!
- Ciate London in Amazing Gracie – sometimes I like to go for the au natural look so this is perfect for the subtle manicure feel. Working in the galley can lead to a lot of nail breakages and chips in polish but I’ve found that Ciate shades are much more durable and long lasting. I love the high shine lacquer as well which ensures my nails also stay super glossy.
It’s always a good idea to have a nail file handy, I especially love this colourful trio from Lottie London with the cutest quotes on them. They are the perfect file for shaping and smoothing my nails. My fav is the sunshine yellow shade ‘Eat. Sleep. Paint. Repeat’ because that is exactly what I do before each and every flight!
My boyfriend actually bought me a few items from the Zoella range last Christmas – the reed diffuser which keeps my bathroom smelling incredible and the bath bombinis which were from a limited edition Christmas collection. As I was so happy with the products I decided to try a few more items from her line and I am so glad I did!
- Zoella Beauty Kissy Missy lip balm – Once that lipstick comes off at the end of the day we all need a moisturising balm to help rejuvenate our lips. I love the slight pink tint that kissy missy has providing just the right amount of colour. Berry flavoured (yes you will want to eat it haha but please don’t) it is the perfect size for makeup pouch, handbag or even your pocket!
- Zoella Beauty Creamy Madly Dreamy lotion which I use as a hand cream onboard helps keep my hands smooth and silky especially when I am faced with a long flight. Cabin air is extremely dry as the plane pumps in outside air to dilute the air already inside the cabin. This air at 36,000 feet is so dry because at that level it is difficult for anything to hold moisture. Keeping that in mind carrying lotion on any flight is definitely a must! Not only does Creamy Madly Deeply smell amazing but it is also enriched with aloe vera, shea butter and Vitamin E – the ultimate combination for totally kissable hands.
- Zoella Pouch – how adorable is the lace collar trim on this pouch?! I love it!! It fits perfectly into my work handbag and keeps all my beauty essentials together so they’re in easy reach if I ever need to replenish!
Rodial Glamolash Mascara skinny – I’ve gone through hundreds of mascaras trying to find the perfect one for me and I am so glad that I’ve discovered the Rodial mascara. We’re not allowed to wear fake lashes at work or have extensions because the last thing you want to see in your meal is a stray lash hair!! Instead we have to work with what we have and I typically like going for a natural look. This mascara not only lengthens but lifts and separates lashes for a wider eyed look. It goes on very smoothy and doesn’t clump, perfectly enhancing the lashes you already have!
- Sleek I-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Storm – these 12 super pigmented shades come in a combination of matte and shimmery shades which are ideal for blending. They are all mineral based and it is the perfect palette to transition from a day to night look.
- Bobbi Brown Long wear even finish foundation – for years I swore by the Chanel Le Teint Ultra foundation, by chance while on holiday with my best friend my bottle ran out. Before I could go out and buy a new bottle she let me use her Bobbi Brown foundation and my life changed! It is a more natural looking, easy glide foundation and I love that it never looks caked on. Oil free and with SPF15 it will always remain on my repurchase list!
- Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte
- Chanel Joues Contraste – powder blush
This Chanel powder is perfect for setting foundation providing an amazing finishing touch to your makeup. All that is needed is a very light dusting for full face coverage. It will last for months as you only need to touch up once or twice a day. The blush is as long lasting as the powder but I love that it blends so easily onto the cheeks. Some blushes are a bit too bold and you can end up looking like a clown, but don’t worry Chanel does a very good job at making this look very natural.
- Lily England and Chanel Brushes – integral to any makeup collection is a good set of brushes. I recently added an amazing set of 5 Lily England brushes to my existing Chanel travel size set and I adore them. Included were a Powder/Blush Brush, Foundation Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Lip Brush and Angled Brow Brush all in the prettiest rose gold finish. All their brushes are cruelty free and you also get this gorgeous luxe make up bag with matching rose gold zip. So chic!
So if you’re aiming for that air hostess finish or just looking at changing up any of your beauty products I would recommend you give any of these amazing products a try, they won’t disappoint!
Items mentioned can be found at:
https://www.beautysolutions-me.com use the discount code AMY25 for for 25% off any purchase from Beauty Solutions!!